Helping you jumpstart your higher education savings!
Saving for higher education is a challenge for many families. That's why the State of Nevada and the SSgA Upromise 529 want to help Nevada children attain the best education possible. Don't miss out on this exciting new program!
Introducing the Silver State Matching Grant Program
Does your family have an adjusted gross income level of $74,999 or less? Are you and your beneficiary Nevada residents? There may be extra college savings waiting for you.
How do I qualify?
- Both you and the beneficiary must be Nevada residents.
- You must be the account owner of a SSgA Upromise 529 account.
- The beneficiary must be 13 or younger as of Dec 31 of the year the account owner first applies for matching grant.
- Your household adjusted gross income must not exceed $74,999.
How does the matching grant work?
If you qualify and are approved for the Program, contributions to your SSgA Upromise 529 account will be matched dollar-for-dollar up to $300 per year. There is a lifetime maximum of $1,500 over five(5) years.
How can you apply to the Silver State Matching Grant Program?
- Read the Program's Matching Grant Instructions
- Download and complete a Silver State Matching Grant Program Application and
- Mail your Application and required materials (to the address listed on the Application) between April 1 and July 31
- You will be notified about the status of your application.
- If approved, match funds will be applied in January based on previous year's contributions
Have more questions about the Silver State Matching Grant Program?
Download some frequently asked questions. (PDF)
Don't wait to apply!
|April 1||Application process opens|
|July 31||Final date for applications to be postmarked|
|January||Match funds applied to SSgA Upromise 529 Account|
|1Matching grants are subject to availability of funds, and there is no guarantee of the continued operation of the Silver State Matching Grant Program.|