Helping you jumpstart your higher education savings!
Saving for higher education is a challenge for many families. That's why the State of Nevada Treasurer’s Office and the SSGA Upromise 529 want to help Nevada children save as much as possible. Introducing the Silver State Matching Grant Program1– if qualified, we will match your contributions dollar-for-dollar up to $300 per year for five years for a maximum of $1,500 per beneficiary.
Don't miss out on this exciting program!
How do I qualify?
- Both you and the beneficiary must be Nevada residents.
- You must be the account owner of a SSGA Upromise 529 account.
- The beneficiary must be 13 or younger as of December 31 of the year the account owner first applies for Silver State Matching Grant.
- Your household adjusted gross income must not exceed $74,999.
How do I apply for the Silver State Matching Grant Program?
1. Application Process (this step must be completed each year)
- Log into your SSGA Upromise account at www.Nevadas529.com
- Pick the beneficiary’s account that you would like to review and apply the matching grant application to
- Once in the beneficiary’s account - click the link “Apply / Re-Apply for the Silver State Matching Grant” and follow the prompts
- You will need to do this for each child you are requesting matched funds for
2. Required documentation (this step must be completed each year)
- Print out IRS form 4506T-EZ for income verification. Fill in your information and remember to sign the form. The IRS form must be post marked no later than July 31st to be considered for the grant.
Mail your REQUIRED IRS form 4506T-EZ to:
Nevada State Treasurer’s Office
555 E. Washington Avenue Suite 4600
Las Vegas, Nevada 89101
Attn: Silver State Matching Grant
(For faster service, you may choose to go online and request the IRS mail the Treasurer’s office your 2018 tax transcript, but this is not a requirement.)
Please note that your application is not considered complete until you have finalized the online step(s) above and the State Treasurer’s office has received the IRS form 4506T-EZ from you or your income verification from the IRS.
The Silver State Matching Grant is subject to availability of funds and grant money is awarded on a first come basis.
How does Silver State the matching grant work?
All documentation must be postmarked no later than July 31 to be considered for the Silver State Matching Grant. If you qualify and are approved for the Grant, contributions to your SSGA Upromise 529 account will be matched dollar-for-dollar up to $300 per year, per beneficiary. There is a lifetime maximum of $1,500 over five (5) years per beneficiary. Funds are awarded on a first come first serve basis, so don’t wait!
Have more questions about the Silver State Matching Grant Program?
|April 1||Link is open in your SSGA Upromise account to apply / reapply for the Silver State Matching Grant (Remember this step must be completed each year) for each beneficiary.|
|July 31||Final deadline for all online applications to be submitted and IRS form 4506T-EZ must be postmarked by this date as well (Remember the IRS form 4506T-EZ must be completed each year you apply).
January 1- December 31 of application year. Save at least $300 for each child you have applied for Silver State Matching Grant funds for. If you save less, the ‘match’ with equate to the amount you saved. For example, if you save $100, the Silver State Match will be $100. If you save $500, the Silver State Match will qualify for the maximum amount of $300.
|Following January||Silver State Matching funds will be applied to the SSGA Upromise account(s).|
1Matching grants are subject to availability of funds, and there is no guarantee of the continued operation of the Silver State Matching Grant Program.